Scotch Whisky generates £109-every second for the UK Economy
Last year, Brazil saw a 12 per cent increase to £67million, Russia went up 61 per cent, India up 46 per cent and China increased sales by 24 per cent, to £55million. These figures sound exciting, but what’s really exciting is that we’re only scratching the surface of these absolutely VAST markets, the biggest potential sales territories on Earth. The biggest ‘Whisky Live’ that takes place at the moment is in Taiwan. Last year, over 12,000 thirsty Asian, Scotch whisky-lovers turned up, ten times the amount that show up for the Glasgow event!
Come along to listen to Donald MacLellan, who is the International Business Development Executive for BenRiach & GlenDronach Distilleries. With his joint Islay and Australian heritage (including the accent),and years of International Marketing experience with some of Scotland’s most prestigious brands, Donald’s going to tell us why Scotch Malt Whisky has been so successful. We’ll learn:
- How the Scotch Whisky Industry created the World’s very first Brands and movie Advertising
- Why biodeversity, sustainability, craft and provenace are so important in making Scotch Whisky such a success
- How viral marketing is helping Scotch Whisky communicate with a huge and burgeoning global market
- 10 things which you definitely didn’t know about Scotch Whisky!
- How whisky is investing in Scotland’s future